The application is submitted only digitally through the Information System of the official web portal of the program (https://exoikonomo2021.gov.gr), at the dates set by the program guide, which may be modified, if it is necessary and be announced on the above website of the Program.
In particular, the applications for detached houses and individual apartments were submitted by 15/3/2022. In addition, for applications that were in the stage of registration, a Joint Ministerial Decision gave them the opportunity to complete their submission within the time period 4/4/2022 - 15/4/2022.
The submission of apartment building applications took place during the period from 18/4/2022 to 30/5/2022.
Beneficiaries of income categories 2 to 5 can apply for a loan using the program's Information System activated since 28/02/2023. For the beneficiaries of the 1st category loan application will be activated after further notification.
For further information on the program, please visit:
For further information on how to get a loan through Piraeus Bank through the" Exoikonomo 2021» Program:
Find a nearby store
- Visit a branch of the Bank
- Contact the Bank's telephone service on 210 32 88 000
Brief Program Procedure
1. Online application at the program’s official site https://exoikonomo2021.gov.gr
2. Registration of income and property data in the Program's Information System, conducting automated electronic eligibility checks, recording the required supporting documents, receiving the energy data of the 1st EPC, and submitting a proposal with the costs of interventions and other expenses.
3. Submission of the application to the Program and receipt of a unique protocol number.
4. The total score of the application is automatically calculated based on the evaluation criteria of the Program and ranking provisional lists per region with "eligible" and “runners-up" applications are drafted.
5. Submission of Electronic Identity of the building, only for the “eligible" applications, within an exclusive deadline of one hundred and fifty (150) days.
6. After the evaluation of the applications and the issuance of Provisional Lists of Eligible / Runners-up / Rejected applications per region, the right to appeals is given within an exclusive deadline of ten (10) days.
7. Final Lists of Approved / Runners-up / Rejected applications per P.E. are issued and budget is committed
8. Choice of funding scheme (own funds or loan).
9. If loan option has been selected: completion of required loan application fields & posting of financial pre-approval documents in the Information System, loan evaluation and financial pre-approval.
10. Delegation Decision issuance in the Program by the implementer of the Program (Technical Chamber of Greece).
11. Declaration of a bank account in the Information System for crediting the grant.
12. Deposition of the grant advance to the declared bank account.
13. Attendance at the bank & loan agreement signing within an exclusive deadline of 90 days from the Delegation Decision issuance (If loan option has been selected).
14. Down payment loan disbursement (If loan option has been selected) and suppliers/contractors payment, using loan amount or own funds through bank account.
15. Payment of suppliers/contractors by grant advance, according to the orders have been entered in the program's Information System.
16. Partial project completion (at least 25% of the total eligible budget based on the Delegation Decision) within 6 months from the issuance of the Delegation Decision.
17. Implementation of the interventions within 12 months from the issuance of the Delegation Decision (with the possibility of extension up to ninety 90 days) & carrying out a 2nd Energy inspection.
18. Attachment of documentary expenses & other supporting documents in the Information System & file control by the Technical Chamber of Greece.
19. Approval of the project by the Beneficiary (Hellenic Development Bank) total loan disbursement (if loan has been selected) / grant / benefits & repayment of suppliers.