I Want to Be a Customer – Presentation of Documents
The last step required, in order to start your banking relationship, is to bring the required documents at any Piraeus Bank branch and sign all necessary forms.
This can take place in two ways:
A. With your physical presence
If you plan to come to Greece, you can visit any Piraeus bank branch and complete all necessary processes at the same day. See here Piraeus bank network.
For your convenience, we suggest that you arrange an appointment prior to your visit. You may call the Customers Living Abroad Service team at +30 210 3288400 for this purpose.
B. Through a representative
If it is not possible for you to visit Greece, then you have the option to appoint a representative by proxy, who will visit the branch instead of you, provide all required documents and sign necessary forms.
You will need to take the following steps:
1) Contact a relative or friend, or a lawyer in Greece, who will agree to represent you.
2) Visit, either a Greek consular office, or a notary public in your country of residence, to draw up a power of attorney and validate a copy of your passport or identity card.
It is noted that for Canada, the power of attorney can only be drawn up at the Greek Embassy and Consular Offices.
- 3) Ensure that the predefined text is included in the proxy.
ΕChoose the text that meets your needs:
A. Power of attorney for opening an individual deposit account
B. Power of attorney for opening a joint deposit account
It is essential to use the predefined text that will allow you to get the products needed, in order to transact from any country you may be located, i.e. a deposit account, a debit card and credentials for your access to the e- banking service.
4) If the proxy is compiled at a notary public, it should bear the Hague Apostille (provided by the notary himself)
5) Send all the documents required, together with the proxy and a validated copy of your passport/ ID card to your representative in Greece, as well as a reference letter from a Bank that you have a relationship with, either in your country of residence or in Greece.
6) Your representative will present all documents at a Piraeus bank branch. Upon completion of documents’ checks, your representative will sign all necessary forms. Please note that you will also need to be available by phone, in order to complete the required processes.